Working in? Us too. But are you working out?
Being stuck at home 24/7 can really take a toll on your physical health. Snacking is much easier when you’re working ten feet from the refrigerator. Binging episodes of Tiger King may seem like the only way to pass the time. Lunchtime strolls are nice, but studies have shown that in order to really keep off the Quarantine 15, you need to boost that heart rate and sweat out the stress.
Now’s the time to make the climb.
Working from home and sheltering in place finally gives us the freedom to exercise at our own pace, in our own time, on our own dime. Working out from home allows us to adopt fitness as a lifestyle, rather than a burden.
Adopt the right equipment.
In order to satisfy the Five Elements of Fitness, consider products that can help you adopt a fitness lifestyle while also showing love for your favorite brands.
- Resistance bands come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and resistance levels for beginners and bodybuilders alike.
- Yoga mats provide a soft and comfortable surface to practice those problematic poses.
- Pedometers and fitness trackers are a colorful, constant companion to help track those steps.
- Muscle busters like plank wheel rollers, rotating push-up grips, and jump ropes are useful in carving out those washboard abs.
- Don’t forget to always stay hydrated with water bottles, tumblers, and other drinkware.
- When you’re done feeling the burn, cool down with cooling towels. Then, work out those kinks with a set of massage balls.
Having trouble getting motivated?
Try these simple tricks to get your gut in gear:
- Utilize free home workout videos. Not good at coming up with your own routine? Check out this list of YouTube’s best workout videos.
- Get creative with your dumbbells. Don’t have the funds to buy new equipment? Use soup cans, water jugs, bags of flour, or anything you can find to pump those muscles.
- Hit it hard with a HIIT workout. High intensity interval training (HIIT) only takes about 20 minutes of your day. Short bursts of intense exercise are more effective for burning body fat than longer, less intense workouts. Check out this list of free HIIT workouts.
It’s all about consistency, folks.
Exercising a tiny bit every single day is substantially more effective than doing one intense workout per week. So, dust off that old row machine, and let’s get to work!